Wow  - there is nothing like talking to the guy who wrote the stuff! Craig - YOU
ARE THE MAN!

Both methods worked well, but I chose the second one, because we use dhcp and I
never know what the IP will be.

Here is what the host config file wound up looking like:

$Conf{SmbShareName} = 'backup';
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = '****';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = '****';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';
$Conf{XferLogLevel} = 1;
$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '[hostname]';
$Conf{NmbLookupFindHostCmd} =  'wakeup.sh [mac address] [time to wait] $host';
$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = 'shutdown.sh $hostIP';

The '[time to wait]' at the end of the $Conf{NmbLookupFindHostCmd} lets me set
the wait time in minutes.

wakeup.sh is:
#!/bin/bash
wakeonlan $1
sleep ${2}m
/usr/bin/nmblookup $3

and shutdown is:
#!/bin/bash
poweroff_client $1 > /dev/null

One last question - I am only going to set up this for 4 machines. I would like
them to be backed up at night. Is there a way to back up these 4 at night and
the rest during the day?

Thanks again!

Mark