Hi,

Our backup server (BackupPC 2.1.0) recently crashed so I setup a new server
with BackupPC 2.1.2. It has a LVM of 400Gb (2x200Gb) where are stored cpool,
pc, and pool. The actual install dir is /home/backuppc. I have symb link in
/home/backuppc/data/ for cpool, pc and pool and backuppc starts fine. I've
copied all the backuppc config files from the old server (hosts, config.pl,
<client>.pl, status.pl, etc.) but backuppc doesn't seem to see any of them
or something. When I run /home/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg status (info
| jobs | hosts), I see a bunch of stuff for all my clients but the CGI
interface is completely void of clients or backups. There isn't even a link
to the main config file in the left menu bar... Only Status, Host Summary,
Doc, FAQ, SF.

Another anoying thing is that HTTP Auth won't work. I've followed and
revised the instructions but it just won't ask. I've put this is
/home/backuppc/conf/apache.conf:

LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so PerlModule Apache2 <Directory
/var/www/cgi-bin/>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        Options +ExecCGI
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 192.168.0
        AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig
        AuthName "Backup Admin"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /backups/data/conf/htpasswd (yes that file exists)
        Require valid-user
</Directory>

And the apache.conf file is included in httpd.conf and apache runs fine.
I've also tried to put the last 4 lines of the <Directory> directive in a
.htaccess in /var/www/cgi-bin without any luck either. It still won't ask
for auth.

I don't know what else to look at. I've checked and re-checked all possible
config files, I just don't see what's wrong.

Please help!! :(

Christophe Faribault
Systems Administrator
Webstorm Media Inc.