Hello,
I have backuppc for backupping up my windows pc and linux servers. I have installed cygwin-rsyncd-2.6.2.0 and used rsyncd's method for my windows pc. With one of my windows pc, i have this problem : when i install the rsyncd's package and want to start the rsyncd service , this message appears : the processus is stopped without opnion :error 1067. This pc is a HOTON with Windows XP Pro service Pack2 installed. What is the reason of this message and how to resolve it.
  Thanks a lot for your help!

I had problems installing the rsyncd service on mulitple Windows XP machines. The way I got around it was to install Cygwin on one machine and start removing files from the install until I had the minimum number of files to make it work. I ended up with following files:
cygiconv-2.dll
cygintl-1.dll
cygintl-2.dll
cygintl-3.dll
cygintl.dll
cygrunsrv.exe
cygserver-config
cygwin1.dll
nice.exe
rsync.exe
rsyncd.conf
rsyncd.secrets

I also had to create the folder c:\cygwin\var\log. The nice.exe is only needed because I wanted the rsync process to run a lower priority. I then took all these files stuck them in a network share, created a batch file to copy them and add rsync as a service. Let me know I will zip them together and email you the zip

Bryan Penney