Les Stott wrote:
Hi,

I have a client with 50 or so pcs, all doing rsync backups throughout the day to a backuppc server. Works Great.

We also have a linux box running a Cyrus Imap Store and we were running rsync backups too, just getting the cyrus directories. This was working great until a month or so ago when the rsync's started failed with "Child Exited Prematurely".

(...)

2. Alternatively is there a way to schedule a backup of this host via cron? and just disable regular backups?

Put it into config.pl for the host:

$Conf{FullPeriod} = -1;

And then you can start cronjobs with:

su -l backuppc -c "/srv/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f old-backups" &>/dev/null

--
Tomasz Chmielewski

Software deployment with Samba
http://wpkg.org