I wrote earlier:

> Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing here, but I'd expect re-installing
>> backuppc with the user plesk wants to force (or carefully changing
>> ownership and the startup scripts) and removing the setuid mode
>> would work.
>
> I'll try messing with it some more. Maybe I should indeed just use
> the user Plesk created instead of the backuppc user.

Today I went ahead and reinstalled using the user I created through
Plesk for the vhost. I chmodded BackupPC_Admin 750 as setuid is not
needed (since Plesk uses suexec by default) and behold: it works! I
could have recreated the vhost in Plesk and named the user backuppc,
but oh well.

Off to configure my hosts... :o)

Thanks,

Nils Breunese.