Tomasz writes:

> > It looks exactly the same in the web interface - one letter folder
> > names, empty inside.
> >

> I started the backup manually, and it produces the following error:
>

> /srv/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f windows_server
>
> (...)
>         98208 ( 3688.7 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\STICHW.DBF
>        105472 ( 2512.2 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\STICHW.MDX
>       2239163 ( 4662.4 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\STOFFE.DBF
>        851968 ( 6073.0 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\STOFFE.MDX
>           403 (  393.6 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\STOFFTYP.DBF
>          4096 (  200.0 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\STOFFTYP.MDX
> write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Connection reset by peer
> write_socket: Error writing 59 bytes to socket 3: ERRNO = Connection
> reset by peer
> Error writing 59 bytes to client. -1 (Connection reset by peer)
> Error reading file \Freigaben\Db\Gl\Texte.mem : Write error: Connection
> reset by peer
> Didn't get entire file. size=21374948, nread=6420960
>      21374948 ( 3090.2 kb/s) \Freigaben\Db\Gl\Texte.mem
> Write error: Connection reset by peer opening remote file
> \Freigaben\Db\Gl\Z (\Freigaben\Db\Gl\)
> Write error: Connection reset by peer opening remote file
> \Freigaben\Db\Gl\Z (\Freigaben\Db\Gl\)
> Write error: Connection reset by peer opening remote file
> \Freigaben\Db\G (\Freigaben\Db\)
> Write error: Connection reset by peer opening remote file
> \Freigaben\Db\g (\Freigaben\Db\)
> Write error: Connection reset by peer opening remote file
> \Freigaben\Db\g (\Freigaben\Db\)
>
> (...)
>
>                  directory \Freigaben\a\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\a\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\a\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\a\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\b\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\b\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\b\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\b\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\b\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\b\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\b\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\b\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\d\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\d\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\d\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\d\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\f\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\f\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\f\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\f\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\f\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\f\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\g\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\g\*
>                  directory \Freigaben\g\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \Freigaben\g\*
>
> (...)
>
>                  directory \S\
> Write error: Connection reset by peer listing \S\*
> [...]

Hmmm.  Smbclient is getting quite messed up.

I'd recommend running chkdsk on the windows machine.  There's a
change the problem is caused by underlying corruption on the
client machine's file system.

Unfortunately smbclient doesn't provide a consisent set of
error messages, so it's hard for BackupPC to tell if things
are ok or not.  I can add a couple of above message so they
will be considered fatal errors.

Craig