No, my BackupPC_Admin is already in my cgi-bin directory. Do both the symlink and the BackupPC_Admin need to be in the cgi-bin directory?

Thanks for the links on perl, I will read up and learn how to configure Apache2 with perl support. I am a windows guy and am only now learning linux. It's fun and I see why linux is much more secure than windows. It is however, very different to get things done in, windows being all plug and play and linux being very configuration file driven and compiling things rather than installing with exe files.

Thanks for your patience!
Eric

Ralf Gross wrote:
Eric Snyder said:
OK. I have done this. For now I have commented out the
security/authorization section. When I request http://debian/backuppc/ I
get a file not found.

Did you create the symlink index.cgi -> BackupPC_Admin?

When I request http://debian/backuppc/BackupPC_Admin I get the
BackupPC_Admin file as a text file. I am guessing that I need perl on my
Apache2. is this correct?

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#requirements
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#step_8__cgi_interface

I'm not using mod_perl but perl-suid.