You may need to stop/restart the rsyncd service to make it read the
rsyncd.conf file on windows.

I wanted to mention that there was some bug that I ran into (you're not
seeing it yet) when the backuppc was using protocol version 26 and
windows running rsyncd.  You might want to update the server's
File::RsyncP in cpan.

JH