Klaas Vantournhout wrote:

> Some time ago I raised a question if it was possible to merge two
> servers together into one server, but no response came on that
> questions, therefore I would like to ask it again.
>
> I have two backup servers which were running fine, until we had a power
> outage and one of the servers found it cool to give up life.  The server
> that is still working has enough space to contain also the backups of
> the dead server.  I was wondering now if it is possible to join both
> servers into one big one?  I can imagine that just copying the pc
> directory into the other one, will not work, because of the cpool right?
>
> Any help would be enormously appreciated.

If you have a lot of extra space you can copy the directories under
pc over.  They will work that way but the space they take won't be
shared until those runs expire.  Unless it is likely that the older
history will be needed, I'd just add the configuration for the
other machines and let your working server accumulate its own
history  - and hang on to the old disk for a while just in case.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]