Von: Les Mikesell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 20:35
An: Simon Köstlin
Cc: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Data Directory on a Network Attached
Storage

Simon Köstlin wrote:

I want to have the Data Directory on a Network Attached Storage (NAS)
and not on the BackupPC Server. The NAS supports NFS, SMB, FTP, CIFS
and SSH. I tried to mount an NFS Share on the NAS and that works well.
So I can use the Data Directory in this Share. But the NAS supports
only a UDP connection with NFS. Are there any other solutions to use a
TCP connection? I tried also SMB, but that did not work with BackupPC.
I mounted a Share with SMB and that works, but when I wanted to start
BackupPC, BackupPC did not start. I only found a log directory on the
Share with the LOG file in which was an error like bind() failed. Does
anybody know why SMB does not work with BackupPC? Or are there any
other solutions like to mount a FTP connection?

I hope anybody can help me.

Backuppc must be able to create hard links between the files in the pc
backup
directories and the pool directories.  Of the protocols above NFS is the
only
one that will support hard links.  Why is running NFS over UDP a problem
for you?