nestor picasse wrote:

> I'm quite new with Backuppc running on Debian, and I
> am very impressed by the ease of use (configuration,
> web interface, etc...)
>
> One question concerning incremental backup with rsync:
> in case a file is found to have been modified and
> retrieved with backuppc, is the entire modified file
> stored in /pc/* or only the modified bytes?
>
> If not, is it planned for future release?

If you use rsync, only the modified parts will be transferred over the
network, but backuppc will reconstruct the entire new file, compress it,
and link it as a new file into the pool along with any other identical
copies.  That's probably not ideal for growing log/mail files that are
unique per machine and change every run, but if you copy the same
changed file as an update to many machines it's not so bad.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]