Le Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:20:51 -0800,
"Fabio Milano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> Thanks for all the ideas and great feedback.
>
> VPN is a possibility.
>
> The script looks feasible as well.
>
> I found a Backuppc RPM for SME 7 that apparently has an offsite rsync
> feature.
>
> Has anybody used this before?
>
> thanks

Hi, if you talk about the rpm smeserver-backuppc-1.0-5 (which you can
find on http://sme.firewall-services.com), then be carefull when using
the remote copy with rsync. I've made this contrib myself last year,
and I was quite noob in linux in general, and I just write a very
simple script which rsync all the files in one time. When I was testing
it, it was working because I only had a few data backed up. But now, on
a prod server, I have a 36 Go cpool (with a lot of little files) and
when the copy occures, rsync takes about 700 Mo of ram. So it can work,
but be carefull.
I'm now working on the integration of backuppc 3.0 in SME 7.X, and I'm
writing a new script to copy the pool on a remote host using the script
BackupPC_tarPCCopy to copy the directory pc/ and rsync to
transfert pool and cpool, I think it'll be much more efficient, I
haven't finish it yet but I'll post as soon as it's ready.

Best regards

--
Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.