My wife's Windows XP machine crashed and had to be restored.

I'm trying to restore the backup and it isn't working.  I think the
problem is with my Samba setup.  I was hoping someone here might be
able to shed some light.

Here's the log from the restore:
Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/arwen/RestoreLOG.3, modified
2007-03-19 13:40:33

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\arwen\\CDrive -U rick -E -N -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tx -
Running: /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h arwen -n 506 -s
CDrive -t /
Xfer PIDs are now 15907,15908
Domain=[ARWEN] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
tarmode is now full, system, hidden, noreset, verbose
restore directory \
restore directory \Documents and Settings\
restore directory \QUICKENW\
restore directory \QUICKENW\BACKUP\
restore tar file \QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE of size 36864 bytes
This backup will fail because: abandoning restore
abandoning restore
Abandoning restore
tarCreate: Unable to write to output file (Connection reset by peer)
Restore failed: abandoning restore

Here's the relevant info from /var/log/samba/log.arwen
[2007/03/19 13:36:11, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_data(557)
  write_data: write failure in writing to client 0.0.0.0. Error
Connection reset by peer
[2007/03/19 13:36:12, 0] lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(765)
  Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)

Any advice on where to look on either the XP machine or the server
(Ubuntu Dapper)?

As an alternative, I've tried downloading a zip file of the restore,
but that never seems to work on the windows machine.  I'm downloading
one now from the server TO the server, it's 1.2GB so far and it's not
done yet, I hope that it will fit on a DVD.
--
Rick DeNatale