What happens if you start Windows XP Home in safe mode? In home you can only access the detailed security permissions in safe mode I believe. Also, is simple file sharing turned off?

Dale

From: "Charles Swarts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rick DeNatale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Help with Samba restore
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:04:27 -0500

If the drive on the XP machine is formatted as NTFS then you will have
to deal with the file system permissions as well as the share
permissions.  To avoid confusion, I typically set the share
permissions to Everyone Full Control and then use the file system
permissions to control access since they are more granular.  As soon
as I can get to an XP machine, I'll follow up with some more detailed
information about setting permissions recursively through the
directory levels.

Charles

Charles Swarts
www.deadeyedata.com

i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join Now. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline