Holger Parplies wrote:
> - The higher the level of the incremental backup, the greater the speedup,
>   but the less certain you are of not having missed some changes.
In the case of rsync, is a greater speedup achieved due to 1) less
calculations to make about what to transfer, or 2) less actual transfer
of files?

I'm still a little fuzzy about how rsync interacts with the pool, and
I'm trying to minimize my file transfers on hosts that I back up over
the internet.  For instance, suppose my full backup consists only of
fileA.txt and my first incremental backup consists of fileA.txt and
fileB.txt.  If no more files are added on the host, does my next level 1
backup (using rsync) re-transfer fileB.txt because rsync is referencing
the last full backup, even though fileB.txt already exists in the pool?

-Rob