Hello.

I have installed backuppc + apache2 ldap_auth on debian etch and it's
working great.

Now i have one challenge that i have not been able to find a solution
for in the docs or mailinglist archives. If it's been answered allready
I would very much like a url.

I am taking backup of a directory /home, containing ~1000 users.
And i want to allow each of the users access to restore his own files.
But NOT to read/restore files that he normaly would not.

Example: user1 have a file in /home/user1/private.txt that have 600
permissions. I dont want user2 to be able to read this thru the backuppc
cgi.

i have tested this with a line in hosts that say
server  0       root    user1,user2

and it seams to me that user2 can read all files of the backup, even
files he normaly would have no access to.

So how others solve this problem ?
must you have 1000 lines in hosts, one line for each homedir ?  Or are
there a different way where i can have backuppc check the orginal
permissions and deny restore if the user in question dont have the right
access.

Kind regards
--
mvh
Ronny Aasen -- 41616155 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --