Sent this via personal email. Here is the copy for the
list.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 06:01:16PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> John Rouillard wrote:
> >  again indicates that fd 1 is available for writing. an 8 byte write is
> >  done then fd 0 is checked to see if there is anything to read

> >  and there never is anything to read.
> >
> >So by that point it is waiting for data/info from the server and there
> >is no data forthcoming. Can you point out where my analysis is wrong?
>
> Yes, I think that is right.  I wonder if that 8-byte write is sitting in
> a buffer somewhere.   Did this break on previously working machines or
> have you always had this problem?

On this machine I have always had the problem, but it is the only
machine of the 6 machines I am testing. I have a second machine that
has the identical kernel, ssh, rsync version that isn't showing any
issues. However it does have different data to back up, so I can't
rule out a data driven bug.

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard