I attempted to search for this first but I kept getting a "Cannot connect
to Search Server".

I am setting up a newer backup system to replace our existing. We currently
back up approximately 80GB of data spread across 8 Solaris/Linux boxes. The
current method is each server does a dump to a backup server which then writes
the backups to tape. Simple, effective, dumb :)

My goal is to have near-line with 2 weeks of backup on the system and each
night I want to provide a full backup to tape since we only have 80GB worth
of data and have a nice LTO3 drive with an 8 tape changer.

Setting up BackupPC to keep the 2 weeks of data is very straight forward and
I will be using the rsync method - no rocket science there.

My question is what is the recommended manner to put the data to tape each
night?

The tapes will be primarily for long term storage of our month/year ends
(which get pulled out of the rotation) and hence should be restorable by
pretty much any tool and also for recovery of the BackupPC system itself.

Can BackupPC automate any/all of the to tape part?

Thanks in Advance for any tips/assistance!

--
Tony Holmes