Dear Users of BackupPC,

I asked about this before, but nobody had an idea how to stop it, so please
allow
me to explain this again :

Backuppc has a trash directory with some 20 - 30 sub-dirs that go like
"1199747634_27557_0",
each of those containing "fbackup" as next-level lower dir, and from hence on,
this directory
fbackup and all its sub-directories are owned by "138:136".

Checking /etc/passwd, I didn't find any matching entry, the user backuppc has
uid:gid 110:111 - therefore, the above error  "Permission Denied" - this
annoying message
(see subject) pollutes my daily log at high frequency.
Now the real problem is that the whole /pc hierarchy is affected too, every
/pc/pcname/fbackup
directory and all ist sub-contents are 138:136, which makes the restore
mechanism fail !

Why on earth does backuppc create dirs/files with unknown arbitrary user id, so
it cannot
access or delete them later ?
What might be wrong in the config and has to be changed ?

Btw, manually chown'ing the whole directory structure has proved useless, all
new files are again
created for 138:136.

Still hoping somebody's got a clue... ?

Best Regards,
Alexander Lenz
   (Newton)

Metaversum GmbH
Rungestr. 20 - 10179 Berlin - Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jochen Hummel, Dr. Mirko Caspar, Dietrich Charisius
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 99412 B
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication is
confidential to the sender, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately at the contact numbers or addresses noted herein.