We've run into a problem when running backuppc on Windows XP hosts where
many files simply aren't being backed up.  For instance if I've got a
directory with MP3s in it the entire directory tree will be created and
viewable in the backuppc web gui, but the bottom level directory will be
empty.  This problem seems only to affect windows XP hosts.  Our windows
2003 servers work fine.

I realize this can often be a permissions issue, but the backup user has
full rights to the required folder and files.  He can manipulate them
just find through plain smbclient.

This problem pops up most frequently when backing up the Documents and
Settings folder.  Has anyone else come across this issue?

-------
Puryear Information Technology, LLC
Baton Rouge, LA * 225-706-8414
http://www.puryear-it.com

Visit http://www.puryear-it.com/pubs/ebooks/ to download your free
copies of:

 "Best Practices for Managing Linux and UNIX Servers"
 "Spam Fighting and Email Security in the 21st Century"