Hi all.
My aim was to restore a big size (>4GB) file to another machine that
is not a BackupPC registered  host.
The restore should be done by a windows user that don't know anything
'bout linux/tar/console/...
A newbie, not a technician.

So, the second my aim is to do that simpler possible.

Can't do that trying to download the Zip file:

> If you look at the source for Archive::Zip, the zip file format
> it writes uses a 32 bit unsigned integer for the file length.
> So zip (or Archive::Zip) imposes a 4GB file size limit.

Can't do directly clicking on file link into BackupPC backup browse,
'cause it freeze at 3.99 GB.

> Today i'll check if the direct download of a big size file works :
> i'll look at apache2 error log and i'll try connecting directly to the
> BackupPC server using a dedicated switch.

No error on apache2 log; same problem using private lan.

But i discover a funny thing:
the problem of download freeze at 3.99 gb happens with Internet
Explorer 7, but not with Mozilla Firefox/Iceweasel!!!

Is it a ie settings? Or a Win firewall feature? Something related to
DRM (so you cannot download a DVD iso :-D)?

Anyway, this user don't wont to install Firefor (grrr...), so this
became a MY problem, not still a problem of BackupPC, of course!

Regards!