Hi I was reading this thread and here I have some figures:

Host
User
#Full
Full Age (days)
Full Size (GB)
Speed (MB/s)
#Incr
Incr Age (days)
Last Backup (days)
State
Last attempt
ibm - zseries
admin
3
26.7
3.52
3.36
1
5.7
5.7
idle
idle
martini-lap
admin
2
26.6
50.77
9.91
1
35.6
26.6
idle
no ping (no ping response)
mt.linux.net
admin
6
18.1
0.29
1.98
40
0.8
0.8
idle
idle
piteriano-dri
admin
2
27.9
14.04
9.15
6
22.9
22.9
idle
no ping (no ping response)
zeta-jones
admin
5
5.5
339.49
15.94
40
0.5
0.5
idle
idle

I've sereveral remote hosts zseries,mt.linux.net that do backups over the net,
the others are running on the local network 100/1000Mb the martini-lap is over
100Mb/s as the piteriano, zeta-jones is on 1000Mb/s network.
My hardware config on the backuppc server is:

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 2
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 2400.000

8GB ram
SuSE 11.0 x86_64
Backuppc 3.1
Software raid 5 with 3 disks (7.2K rpm) and software raid 0 with 2 disks
(7.2Krpm) about that there is a lvm layer.
cheers
Pedro
On Wednesday 19 August 2009 00:46:24 Jim Leonard wrote:
> Holger Parplies wrote:
> > ah, so you're actually having a problem. Up to this point I wasn't sure if
> > you
> > weren't just misinterpreting some figures.
>
> No, he and I are seeing the same thing -- File::RsyncP is a real
> problem.  I get decent transfers with actual rsync, but File::RsyncP has
> some serious design issues (see my other post with profiling information
> titled "File::RsyncP issues").  Is the author of that module (Craig
> Barratt) still around and/or maintaining it?
>
> If anyone is getting more than 10MB/s out of BackupPC rsyncd transfers,
> I would be quite surprised (and would like to know what the backup
> hardware was).

Pedro M. S. Oliveira                  Pólo Tecnológico de Lisboa
IT Consultant                            Estrada do Paço do Lumiar, Lote 1
Email: pedro.olive...@dri.pt       Sala 14 – 1600-546 Lisboa
Telefone: +351 21 715 30 55      Fax: +351 21 715 30 57