I'm in the process of building a BackupPC set up for about 200 users.
The possibility of "incrementals forever" that looks to be available in
V4 is quite appealing. My experience backing up windows PC's with V3 has
been that the fulls take a long time and are much more likely to fail
than incrementals. I've been using a script run via cygwin/ssh on the
windows machines that creates a shadow copy and makes it available to
BackupPC via rsyncd.

Not having to run regular, trouble-prone fulls of windows clients would
be great.

So am I insane to be thinking about V4 on a sizeable production system?

R Poyner