Hi,

How about Clonezilla + Ceph cluster + btrfs?

Clonezilla - should be able to backup the whole hard disk as image
Ceph cluster - block based distributed storage, with object, file and block
based access for client.
btrfs - to use the deduplication feature to save space.

For ceph, you can start with 2 node first, to get redundancy, then slowly
add new node to increase the storage size and improving redundancy

Thanks.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM, xpac <backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com>
wrote:

> SO, I took this from their Wikipedia page "BackupPC is not a block-level
> backup system like Ghost4Linux but performs file-based backup and restore.
> Thus it is not suitable for backup of disk images or raw disk partitions"
>
> Hmmm, just thinking outloud here but is there something open source that
> is better suited for server backups/restores/disaster recovery?
>
> Or do those that use this find that it is relatively easy in the event of
> a disaster.  Right now I'm working on implementing something into our small
> production environment (consisting entirely of Centos servers) and I have
> BackupPC up and running, just want to see if maybe I should reconsider
> before we get too far along and switching to something else becomes much
> more painful.
>
> Any/all opinions are welcomed  :D

> |This was sent by ph...@hotmail.com via Backup Central.
> |Forward SPAM to ab...@backupcentral.com.