> I, like the OP, have a second location that is connected via VPN tunnel.
> You insinuating that the second machine can connect and backup clients
> through the VPN tunnel from the second location to the first?
>
> If so, any docs reading suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bob,

A simple way to do this is simply to add the hop to your RsyncClientCmd,
for example with all kinds of compression and tuning:
$sshPath -C -t -q -x -l USERATMAINSERVER MAINSERVER.example.com ssh -q
-x -o BatchMode=yes -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -l USERATCLIENT $host
sudo $rsyncPath $argList+

Best regards,
Johan

--