On 1/11/16 19:03, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> How can I accomplish this with backuppc 4 ? I don't want to create
> "full" backups, as this woìuld require 2 days for some servers, except
> for the very fist backup for that host or if the full backup is
> missing

Easy, configure your keepfull/incremental and your full/incremental
periods so that they will match your desired retention periods for your
needs.

Make sure you use rsync (ie, same as rsnapshot).

Use checksum caching

Then, after your second full backup, you see the time to complete a
backup is similar to an incremental.

You really will need to try it to see how it works, someone telling you
it works well for them won't answer your questions. I'd suggest
targeting a "small" host first, so you can practice more easily, when
you are more comfortable with it, then move on to bigger and more
ambitious goals.

Regards,
Adam