On 2017-03-30 18:37, Richard Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Bob of Donelson Trophy
> <b...@donelsontrophy.net> wrote:
>

> No, you don't need to worry about configure.pl [2] when you're doing a
> package based install, it's already taken care of...
>
>> I envisioned install and then go to http://ipaddress/BackupPC_Admin [1] but,
>> during installation I was never asked to create a web access password.
>
> RPM based installations are never interactive like deb packages. I may rename
> it but if you look in /usr/share/doc/BackupPC-4.1.0/README.fedora it shows
> you how to setup the password access for apache.
>
>> "Systemctl status backuppc" reports:
>>
>> systemctl status backuppc
>> ● backuppc.service - BackupPC server
>> Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/backuppc.service; disabled; vendor
>> preset: disabled)
>> Active: inactive (dead)
>>
>> What's next?
>
> It's assumed that if you're setting up a serious backup server that you know
> the basics of setting up and starting services for your distro. The short
> version is:
>
> (as root after the above is complete)
> # systemctl enable backuppc
> # systemctl start backuppc
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Thank you for that clarity, Richard.

The slight differences is how a user does this or that between the two
distros (CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu) elude me at times. For give my
ignorance, I have not used CentOS much over the years.

The "systemctl status" for both "backuppc" and "httpd" show them both
"active (running)" but "http://ipaddress/BackupPC/"; still yields "Unable
to Connect" on the webpage.

Checked "firewalld" and added http access.

Now, "http://ipaddress/BackupPC/"; yields "Forbidden You don't have
permission to access /BackupPC/ on this server."

Following the README.fedora I set backuppc user for web access but I am
guessing this, once again, is the different between the two distros and
I do not remember what to do? Is it permission issues between BackupPC
and Apache? Or is it user permissions?

Any thoughts?

--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy