Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up the BackupPC pool
From: Bzzzz
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
CC:

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 00:16:27 +0200
Hannes Elvemyr wrote:

> Would it be wise to stop/start BackupPC every night? Can it introduce
> any problem? What if my copy process (for instance rsync over Internet
> to an off-site storage) takes 1 hour, maybe 2 hours some days, well
> that interfere with BackupPC_Nightly?

Do you speak about BPC itself or it's machine?
If BPC, why, as it almost eat nothing while sleeping,
if machine (energy spare, I guess), it isn't recommended as
electronics and HDz really hate shocks, either electric
(start draw more current as you've got to charge capacitors, this
produce an overall peak) or thermal, especially HDz.

Jean-Yves