Jeff,

Sure, that's possible.  But given that it was necessary to use a file to
pass along the list of files to restore, it seemed easier to just use that
one mechanism.

It would be pretty easy to write a wrapper script that takes command-line
arguments and writes the request file and passes it along to
BackupPC_restore ((see lib/BackupPC/CGI/Restore.pm) .

Craig