Just posting this as a change in the format of the rsync server/sender
command tripped me up when I upgraded from rsync-bpc 3.0.9 to 3.1.2.

Specifically, I use my /etc/sudoers file to restrict the scope of the
backuppc and backuppc-client users as narrowly as possible.

For rsync_bpc < 3.1.x, the following worked:
     backuppc,backuppc-client        ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync
--server--sender -slHogDtpAXrxe.iLsf, /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender
-slHogDtpAXrcxe.iLsf
However, for rsync_bpc >= 3.1.x, the following is required:
     backuppc,backuppc-client       ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync --server
--sender -slHogDtpAXrxe.iLsfxC, /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender
-slHogDtpAXrcxe.iLsfxC
where the extra characters 'xC' have been added.

Perhaps Craig can explain what additional options they signal...

Note the absence/presence of 'c' before the period corresponds to
incremental/full backups respectively.

Anyway, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why rsync_bpc >3.1.x
wasn't working for me... until I figured this out... lots of wasted
time :(