I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 and since then I have noticed that my
full backups are taking much longer than they used to do.  I’m only using
backuppc to bakup two machines at home.  The Ubuntu machine and a Mac laptop.
I don’t recall exactly how long the full backups were taking previously, but
now they are taking close to 21 hours.  The content on both machines hasn’t
changed much at all since the upgrade so I was surprised by the increase in
time.

A full backup on the Linux machine is around 892MB.  This is the local machine
that Backuppc is installed on.  The drive that the backups are stored on is an
SSD as are most, if not all (sorry can’t remember) of the drives in the Linux
box.  Backup method is tar.

A full backup on the Mac laptop is around 700MB.  It’s connected to the same
router as the Linux machine via ethernet.  Backup method is rsync.

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this increase in timing so any help would be
much appreciated.

Regards,