Le 06/03/2021 à 15:24, Paul Leyland a écrit :
I've seen bit-rot on a few disks out of hundreds used over the last
35-ish years.

I am now storing /var/lib/backuppc on a ZFS RAID since the last
catastophic disk failure. Sure enough one of those disks started writing
garbage and then was taken off-line through infant mortality. The pool
kept going. A year or so later a different disk went off-line, with a
dying SATA cable this time. The pool kept going. In both cases
rebuilding the array ("re-silvering") happened automagically.

Very happy with ZFS myself. YMMV.

Curious i have ZFS on my backuppc4 machines and i got horrible performances.

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_refCountUpdate

is completly killing the machine for hours while on btrfs and ext4 it does not
cause any issue.

i am planning to move out of ZFS as soon as i can because notaime, nosync and
all optimisation like l2arc on ssd have not helped the problem :(

--
cordialement,
Ghislain