Hallo

I had planned to migrate from my present distro (my present system runs a correct backuppc 4 installation), and had delayed my move until the release of Debian-11.

I am deceived - the backuppc package in Debian-11 does not look solid:
- /etc/backuppc/pc (immediately after installation) is a link to /etc/backuppc: an infinite loop - if, to make a fresh start, I remove the backuppc package I had installed (remove backuppc followed by autoremove and rm -rf /etc/backuppc) and do a fresh install, the directory /etc/backuppc will have incorrect contents (only htpasswd and pc).

That looks like packaging has not been followed by thorough testing.

The recent post ("backuppc 4 fails without any log") might fall under the same heading (rpi4 probably means raspberry, i.e. Debian).

Did anybody have success making this Debian package work on his installation?

Juergen