On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 6:50 AM Daniel Berteaud via BackupPC-users
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> But I also triggered it a few years ago on CentOS 8 (don't have the details
> as I do not have access to this system anymore)

I thought there was a bug in backuppc v4 some time ago that might have
caused a similar issue, so that might be unrelated.  Did that system
have the same fast hardware?  It would be interesting if there is some
operation that is supposed to be atomic but in fact is just slow
enough that multiple instances usually don't complete concurrently.

    lesmikes...@gmail.com