The winbacula FD is running fine on one of my two XP SP2 workstations.
But on the other workstation at first glance everything looks OK; the
cassette icon is there and shows a normal, idle status.  But the
Director can't connect to this FD.  It turns out the FD didn't actually
start correctly, but I could only pin this down by finding an error
entry in the XP application event log.  As an aside, even though I'm
sure the underlying problem is something screwed up on this workstation
and has nothing to do with bacula, the FD startup should be more
outright in announcing that the service isn't actually running OK.
Anyway, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to look
in my XP system to identify the underlying cause of the following error
logged by winbacula:

Bacula error: 1063 at ..\..\filed\win32\winservice.cpp: 325,
StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed. The service process could not connect
to the service controller.

Any ideas on where I can look to find out what the service control
dispatcher is having a problem with?  I don't even know what the service
control dispatcher is :-)

TIA
--Gary