Kern et all.

I think there is also some confusion on this link:

http://www.clarkconnect.org/projects/backup.php

The bugs that we are referring to are from our own PHP wrapper, not bugs in the Bacula sources, and hence, would be useless to submit to the Bacula bugs database.

We made a single change to the Bacula source code in regards to bsmtp binary. Not because there was a bug, but because we wanted to send attachments using bsmtp. We 'hacked' this in to work with sharutils RPM...not very elegantly, and certainly not worthy of a bug submission.

The cc-bacula module contains the components for the PHP UI (all GPL), specific to the ClarkConnect API, but certainly re-usable. The source RPM will be available once we release the final version. Nothing of the PHP wrapper is compiled anyway.

We have one additional module for the developer community that could be of use, specifically, [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s post to the bacula-users list on July 12th, 9:23. It is a PHP plugin (bacula.so) written in C++ that allows direct communication to the Bacula director daemon. This too, will be released with the final version under GPL. If anyone wants a current version, feel free to email me directly.

I hope this clears up some of the current confusion that exists with our implementation of Bacula into ClarkConnect SBS.

Cheers,

Ben

Benjamin Chambers, P.Eng.
ClarkConnect Project Manager