On Wednesday 13 July 2005 13:29, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 14:00, Carsten Schurig wrote:
> > Dominic Marks schrieb:
> > > The problem is that the client system is not sending data fast
> > > enough, so I don't see how spooling will help. I also have this
> > >
> >  > problem, some Windows machines can manange ~1MB/s. One laptop
> > >
> > > in particular running WindowsXP can do no better than 50KB/s when
> >
> > And I don't find any bottleneck on the machine. Just services
> > running, that ran before. Copying files isn't as slow as well, so I
> > don't think it's the filesystem access...
> >
> > Is there any chance, that's there a difference using 1.37.22?
>
> Unlikely, but I would be happy if someone tried.
>
> Recently a user reported serious performance problems and stalled
> backups. The bottom line was a NVidia ethernet card with an old
> driver.  See the Win32 chapter of the development manual for more
> details.
>
> Bottom line: check that your hardware/firmware are up to date as well
> as the network drivers.  If you have an NVidia network card be
> suspicious.

In my case the laptop is a Dell with an Intel Centrino chipset and
is connected via a 54Mbit wireless link. The AP is in the same room
as the laptop so connection strength is permanently excellent and
I can transfer at ~5MB/s from our Samba server in both directions
so I don't think that is it.

Anything else I can try to identify the problem?

Cheers,
--
Dominic Marks