Hello,

Adrian Close wrote:

Hi all,

So, I was hoping to take advantage of the directives allowing for the use of different pools for full/differential/incremental backups, and put full backups on tape, but differential/incrementals on disk.

For example:

        Pool = Windows-Full
        Full Backup Pool = Windows-Full
        Incremental Backup Pool = Windows-Incremental
        Differential Backup Pool = Windows-Incremental

I've got a Label Format = "Windows-Incremental-" directive in the Pool definition for "Windows-Incremental".

However, even if I have appropriately labelled FileStorage volumes in the incremental pool, it still wants to use the Storage device defined in the JobDefs.

Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Yep.

You need to tell bacula which storage device to use.
You can do this in the schedule with a job override.
This might give problems with job promotion, I try to avoid that by starting the affected backups by hand.

Arno

Thanks,

Adrian Close                email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hitwise                    phone:    +61 3 8530 2446
Level 7, 580 St Kilda Road        fax:    +61 3 9529 8907
Melbourne, VIC, 3004, Australia        web:    http://www.hitwise.com/

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]