Arne,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking, but to clarify: are
you asking if you can setup a pool of physical drives (not pools of
volumes/tapes)?

If this is the case I believe multiple drive support is (at least partially)
working, but as for how to make the director see a given number of drives as
a single storage device such that data can be striped -- either sequentially
or in parallel -- across the volumes mounted on those drives, I don't think
this has been fully implemented yet.

I'm sure sometime today Kern or another, more experienced list member could
confirm or correct me on this, but I think the answer is "I don't think so."
Either way, I think this capability would definitely be a GoodThing(TM) and
if it isn't going into 1.38 then I will certainly try to offer what
development assistance I can in the next development cycle.

Thanks,
Chris