Hi,

On Thursday 28 July 2005 18:08 Kern Sibbald wrote:

> What 1.38 has is the ability for you to specify more than one storage
> device for a Job.  The SD will then select one that is free or corresponds
> to what the user wants (correct Media Type).  However, the Job will be tied
> to a single storage device.

OK, that should be what i need.
To clarify what i _want_:
I want to set up a bunch of backup-servers each with several disk storage
devices. I want to be able to set up the backup configuration in a way that i
just need to add all those devices in a "pool", and the software cares about
which device to use when. So if a device is full or in use another one is
used.

Features like load-balancing and such are of secondary need for me.

A question to the feature in 1.38: What happens if a disk runs full _during_ a
backup? Will it be continued on the next SD?

Thanks and best regards
  Arne