Hello,

Aditya Ivaturi wrote:

I have 10 systems to be backed up evenly divided into linux and windows boxes (5 & 5). I want to maintain two pools one for each type and have separate volume for each job. So Pool-A will have vol-001, vol-002 and so on for the 5 linux machines and similarly for the windows machine pool. Each pool is going to reside on a different partition. So here is the config I went ahead with:

Pool {
  Name = Lin-pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 6 months
  Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Label Format = LIN-
  Maximum Volumes = 5
}

That would be the problem... you tell bacula to use each volume for one pool, not to use more than five volumes, and to keep the volumes for six months...

and so on. In this case Lun11 and Lun12 are the two partitions defined by individual storage configs. Thus this should create 5 volumes labled LIN-0001 and so on for linux boxes on Lun11 and recycle them right? Well the jobs ran fine the first day and created those volumes but the next day, the director sent an error message saying that it " Cannot find any appendable volumes. Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume". Why is it requesting me to create new volumes? Shouldn't the director just use the existing volumes for each job until it is pruned and recycled? What am I missing here or what did I do wrong?

You told it something that can't work, I think.

Arno

--Turi

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]