Hello,

On 02.10.2005 17:50, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

I'm still stuck on this. Any attempts to eject the tape with 'mt' or 'camcontrol' result in 'device busy' errors. Thus I assume that bextract has a hold of the device and won't let the tape eject. Is there some config or command line option that I need to add so bextract will eject the tape at the end of each volume?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, or RTFM pointers as I lost a couple drives and just want to put all the data stored on these tapes back on my system. Unfortunately the catalog was lost as well.

Unfortunately, I don't remember any information usefule for you, and I never tried bextract like that...

Now, I assume you're in sort of an emergency. You could try the development version - there were some changes in drive locking and release, and hopefully they also affect bextract. Or you use your drive's "emergency eject" feature if it has one - the drives I know do this after holding the eject button a long time.

An easier solution might be to bextract from the volumes one at a time, ignore the problems at tape traversal, hope everything works, and then restore the jobs crossing tape boundaries again.

Or you set up a "full" bacula install first and bscan all the tapes into the catalog - that might take longer, though.

Arno

Thanks,

Drew