On Thursday 10 November 2005 21:22, Attila Fülöp wrote:
> Referring to the thread "[Bacula-users] ACL's with Bacula on FreeBSD
> (resend)" started by Tony Lambregts on 20.07.2005 20:15 I need some
> clarifications.
>
> Is the patch mentioned in this thread integrated into 1.38, that is
> do ACLs work with FreeBSD? And second, even more important to me,
> do ACLs work with Solaris clients?

> Skimming over sys/acl.h on
> Solaris 2.9 it seems this is quite a different API.
Yes, so are some of the others ...

> I'm forced to use ACLs soon, and need a way to back them up. So I
> would try to patch in support for Solaris ACLs if it's needed.

To the best of my knowledge with that patch integrated, ACLs
should now work on:

AIX
FreeBSD
Darwin
Irix
OSF1
Linux
HPUX
Solaris

Linux, Darwin, and FreeBSD have been pretty well tested.  The others *should*
work, but I don't recall anyone giving definitive feedback (correct me if I
am mistaken).

Kern

  (">
  /\