Kern Sibbald wrote:
On Friday 11 November 2005 15:33, Attila Fülöp wrote:

David Duchscher wrote:

On Nov 10, 2005, at 2:39 PM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

On Thursday 10 November 2005 21:22, Attila Fülöp wrote:

<snip/>

Is the patch mentioned in this thread integrated into 1.38, that is
do ACLs work with FreeBSD? And second, even more important to me,
do ACLs work with Solaris clients?

<snip/>

I can confirm that Solaris doesn't work.  Their is code for Solaris
ACLs but the configure script does not detect ACL support on  Solaris.
I helped with Darwin and FreeBSD but I have not had time to  really look
at Solaris fully until yesterday.  Seems disaster  recovery is now top
priority for the next few weeks.  Ah, the life of  changing priorities.

Ok, than I will try to patch configure.in to detect ACL support on solaris.

That would be very kind of you ... :-)

All right, I'll do. That said, it may take some time since I've no sun
at home and are not that familiar with autoconf.

How much effort would it be to back port the ACL changes to 1.36.3? I'm
a bit reluctant to update the production system to 1.38 right now.

You could look at it. Perhaps it wouldn't be too much effort, but the code is conciderably changed because it has been moved around a lot (new files). The code is now much simpler (at least the main line code). However, there might be some complications with new features or something. I'm having trouble keeping up as it is, so it isn't something I would do, but I'd be happy to answer questions. My advice would be to test 1.38 and move up -- aside from problems with multiple concurrent jobs accessing autochangers, where users pull cassettes in and out, it seems to be very stable (more so than 1.36 IMO).