David Duchscher wrote:
On Nov 11, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Attila Fülöp wrote:

Kern Sibbald wrote:

On Friday 11 November 2005 15:33, Attila Fülöp wrote:

David Duchscher wrote:

On Nov 10, 2005, at 2:39 PM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

On Thursday 10 November 2005 21:22, Attila Fülöp wrote:

<snip/>

Is the patch mentioned in this thread integrated into 1.38,  that is
do ACLs work with FreeBSD? And second, even more important to me,
do ACLs work with Solaris clients?

<snip/>

I can confirm that Solaris doesn't work.  Their is code for Solaris
ACLs but the configure script does not detect ACL support on Solaris. I helped with Darwin and FreeBSD but I have not had time to really look at Solaris fully until yesterday. Seems disaster recovery is now top priority for the next few weeks. Ah, the life of changing priorities.

Ok, than I will try to patch configure.in to detect ACL support on solaris.

That would be very kind of you ... :-)

All right, I'll do. That said, it may take some time since I've no sun
at home and are not that familiar with autoconf.

autoconf is easy to fix. I have detection working now. There is also an issue with a ifdef in src/filed/acl.c that now that I look at the code again, limits 1.38.0 to FreeBSD, Darwin, and Linux. I had just added FreeBSD and Darwin to the ifdef when I made my changes. I was trying not to change too many things and I had only tested those platforms. I am thinking that we should remove the ifdef or at least enable the POSIX platforms. Thoughts?

Yes you're right, I was fooled by the #elif defined(HAVE_SUN_OS). Well
what about this line:
|| defined(HAVE_SUN_OS)       /* tested   -- compile with -lsec     */
Never trust a comment ;-)

Yes i would second enabling the POSIX platforms although my main concern
is now to have it work under Solaris.

As for Solaris, I have things mostly working on Solaris. There is at least one bug in the code currently in 1.38.0 and I am seeing another strangeness when ACLs are restored. I also have to figure out the best way to bypass smartalloc to free the system call memory since I am very new to smartalloc. The good news is that we have lots of Sun's around

What about
/*  ACTUALLYFREE  --  Interface to system free() function to release
                      buffers allocated by low-level routines. */

void actuallyfree(void *cp)

here that the admins have graciously given me access so I can test things. Hopefully I will have things working by the end of the weekend.

That would be *great*. If you need some help don't hesitate to contact me.
Well I'm off the net for the weekend.

Attila

--
DaveD