Hi !

Luke Dean wrote:

Last month I reported a problem where my system would hang whenever I ran multiple concurrent jobs that backup to a single RAID array after upgrading from bacula 1.36.2 to 1.36.3. This problem still persists in 1.38.1.

I`m still using 1.37.40 but since you seem to have the problem in 1.36.2 and 1.38.1 i don`t think that matters ...

I have about 10 clients that all do a backup at 1:05. Each client has his own job, his own pool and his own storage device. I don`t know if by four storage daemons you mean 4x bacula-sd but i`m only running each service once.

Max concurrent jobs is set to 10 of course.

All these backups go to a 350GB Raid-5 array and the directory structure is like this:
./storage/clientA/clientA.0001
./storage/clientB/clientB.0001
etc

I`m having absolutely NO problems whatsoever with all jobs concurrently writing to the raid device.

Maybe the problem is somewhere else ?
--
Daniel Holtkamp                    Riege Software International GmbH
System Administration                                   Mollsfeld 10