Kern Sibbald wrote:
On Sunday 20 November 2005 22:35, Landon Fuller wrote:
Win32 support for transport encryption requires a small amount of code
to implement entropy gathering using Microsoft's Crypto API. I'm the
blocking factor there -- building the win32 file daemon is complicated,
and while I can run Windows via kqemu, I don't have a copy of MS Visual
Studio.

As Felix mentions, you can use a free copy of Microsoft VC++. The one minor problem is that it is version 8, and the scripts are setup for version 7.1 which I have, so you need to tweak a bit. It seems that you can build and use it with no problem, however, it also seems to be crippled so that you cannot distribute any software that you create with it -- this doesn't seem to be a big disadvantage.

Please see src/win32/README.vc8 However, wait for a couple of hours because I still need to merge in the last update that a kind user sent me to that README, which I will do shortly.

I installed VC++ Express last night and will give that a try.

-landonf