On Monday 28 November 2005 09:33, Ludovic Strappazon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just tried the "Scratch Pool" feature. I'm very happy to have it in
> Bacula.
> However, I think there is two problems, unless I'm missing something :
>
> - Bacula takes a Scratch Pool volume when it can't find any appendable
> volume, but it should (in my opinion) look before if there's any
> recyclable volume. I think it should use Scratch Pool only when a pool
> can't cycle on its volumes.

I didn't really think too much about when Bacula should use a Scratch Volume,
so I could imagine some change in the code.  However, I don't quite
understand what you are saying above -- your sentences seem to contradict
themselves.  Could you say it a different way?  Sorry ...

> - The retention of the volume added from the Scratch Pool should be the
> retention of its new pool instead of one year.

Yes, this is a good idea.  The Volume should take on the retention period of
the new pool.  Noted ...

Kern

  (">
  /\