On Saturday 10 December 2005 22:34, Alan Brown wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > As an aside: when testing 1.38.3, the bscan regression script failed
> > (bscan aborted due to a logic error).  I think bscan has been around and
> > mostly unmodified for about 3 years now, and so this regression test has
> > be run thousands of times with no problem. As a consequence, it was
> > surprising to find that the bug has existed since the first bscan, and
> > not so surprising that it involved a record that was split between two
> > Volumes ...
>
> I wondre if that fix will solve the spanning issue many of us had been
> seeing when testing bscan on autochangers? :)

I don't remember this issue, could you fill me in on what it is?

The bscan problem that I found caused it to generate a JobMedia record in the
database that had an end FileIndex one less than it should have been.  This
was the last record on a Volume, and the record was continued on the next
Volume.  When Bacula constructed a bsr, the "optimization" code had this one
off problem, so when the restore job ran, the last record (partial) record on
the first tape was ignored.  When the restore job got the second tape up,
after reading the first (partial) record, it realized that the first part of
the record from the first Volume was not there, so my insanity check code
aborted.

What surprises me is that this never triggered before in all the years I ran
it.  I wish I had more time to devote to regression testing as I would
develop a case that is 100% sure to exercise this problem ...

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V