More data from the job report:

This is from the e-mail status report:

12-Dec 16:20 herodotus-dir: RunBefore: Starting SSH-tunnel to
locus.dist-ed.uaf.edu...
12-Dec 16:42 herodotus-dir: Start Backup JobId 8846,
Job=locus.2005-12-12_16.20.36
12-Dec 16:47 locus-fd: locus.2005-12-12_16.20.36 Warning: bnet.c:767 Could not
connect to Storage daemon on localhost:9103. ERR=Connection refused
Retrying ...
12-Dec 16:47 locus-fd: locus.2005-12-12_16.20.36 Fatal error: Failed to
connect to Storage daemon: localhost:9103
12-Dec 16:47 herodotus-dir: locus.2005-12-12_16.20.36 Fatal error: Socket
error from Filed on Storage command: ERR=No data available

You'll notice at 16:20 the RunBefore fires off, and completes.  But it is not
until I kill the tunnel 22 minutes later that the "Start Backup" actually
appears, but of course by then it can't connect.

Ideas?  Are there other ports I need to forward?

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator